Looking for a fresh recipe to tantalize your taste buds? Check out this healthy summer pasta that can be served warm or cold. The first time I made this, I had just gotten back from a 6 mile run and was starving! I was so satisfied after eating this, it was light and refreshing but still filling. For all you athletes out there, this is a great way to replenish your body with carbohydrates after a workout and get plenty of vitamins and minerals from the veggies! If you make extra to have for the week, keep the sauce separate so the veggies stay crisp. Enjoy!
Brown Rice Noodles with Ponzu Sauce
- 1 lb brown rice fettuccine noodles
- 4 medium carrots cut into match sticks
- 1/2 lb snow peas cut into match sticks
- 1/2 c white button mushrooms finely chopped
- 1/2 chopped cilantro
- juice and zest of 1 lime
- juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 2 T brown rice syrup
- 2 T rice vinegar
- 1/3 c reduced sodium tamari
1. Cook the brown rice noodles according to package directions.
2. Combine lime zest and juice, lemon zest and juice, brown rice syrup, rice vinegar, and tamari in a small bowl and whisk until combined. Set aside.
2. In a large pan, add a small amount of water to the bottom and bring to boil. Add carrots and snow peas. Reduce to medium heat and cook for 3-4 minutes. Add pasta, cilantro and add 1/2 cup of sauce (add more if desired). Mix well and serve warm or chilled.